Today, great gourmet that I am, I tested for you the winter cake with cinnamon and brown sugar. Hum… Nothing like a hot cake straight out of the oven and a coffee to warm up! So I take you to discover our local recipes. I challenge you to reproduce them at home and share with us your impressions of this recipe for: Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Cake
Equipment and ingredients for the Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Cake (For 6 people):
- 250 gr of flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 15 g of baker's yeast
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 whole egg
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- A container
- A rolling pin
- A meat pie or a pie pan
First you need to prepare the dough. To do this, start by dissolving the baker's yeast in the milk that you have warmed beforehand, in the microwave for example. Quickly mix, in a container, the ingredients mentioned above. Do not hesitate to add flour to your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll the dough into a ball and let it rise in a warm place.
There is very little yeast in the recipe, so don't expect the dough to double in size, it's not bread dough!
Once the dough has risen, you will need to work it.
- Prepare your work surface with flour and wash your hands well. You can start kneading.
- Now divide the dough into two parts and flatten them with a rolling pin. Half a centimeter thick is enough.
- Place a pastry in a well-buttered pie dish or in the mold you have chosen at your convenience.
- Next, mix 1 whole egg with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar. Spread this mixture on the crust located in the mold, sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and cover with the second crust.
- Seal the edges by pressing them with moistened fingers. Brush the top of the cake with beaten egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Finish with a few incisions with the tip of a knife.
Leave to stand for 30 minutes and bake in a hot oven (210°C) for about 25 minutes.
Enjoy your meal !!
Recipe taken from the book “La cuisine des Ardennes” published by Noires Terres.