Château des Comtes de Bryas
Dating from the end of the 17th century, this castle was the residence of the Count of Bryas, lord of Fumay who in 1689 had stolen the lordship of Fumay from the princes of Chimay.
Sold in the 19th century (1825) to an entrepreneur who established a whitewash and chicory factory there, the building became, in 1837, the property of the Moulin Saint-Anne slate quarry. It was to remain so until the liquidation of the company in 1946. The building was purchased by the City of Fumay in 1951. The castle of the Counts of Bryas was listed in the additional inventory of historical monuments in 1972. A path called the Jourdain is accessible by going down the steps on the right of this building, it allowed miners to access the slate quarry of the Moulin Ste Anne. Along this one, you can see on the other side of the Meuse, the retaining walls of the Belle Rose slate quarry.
- Castle of