Couvent des Récollectines
This convent, founded in the XNUMXth century by a letter patent from King Louis XIV, now houses an important cultural center which offers, among other things, thematic and permanent exhibitions (Gambier pipes).
A bit of history: In 1680, King Louis XIV came to visit the strongholds newly acquired by France. During his stay in Philippeville and in response to a joint request from the nuns of the Récollectine order and the entire population of Givet-Charlemont, it was then decided to found a new convent in the town of Givet Saint- Hilary. Excerpt from Mr Sartelet Alain's book "Givet and its region through the centuries"