Former toll tower in bricks and blue stone dating from the XNUMXth and XNUMXth centuries.
This cylindrical tower with 3 levels was originally the dungeon of the seigneurial residence which occupied the south-west corner of the Castrum de Givet Saint-Hilaire. Monument not open internally to the public. A bit of history... In the past, the tower was simply called the thur of Givet, the big thur of Givet or even the thurfort. The name Victoire only dates from the French period. Probably renamed in honor of Louis XIV and his armies, winner of the siege of Namur in 1692.