Chapel of Walcourt
Find Us Here
Built in 1602 and dedicated to Notre-Dame de Walcourt. Partly destroyed, the chapel was rebuilt in 1781 by Toupet de Vignes and blessed by Father Holdrinet in September 1784.
After the Revolution, during the Russian occupation, this religious building became an Orthodox chapel for the Russian troops. Again a Catholic place of worship in 1818, the Walcourt chapel will be a Protestant temple for the German troops during the 1st World War... The Walcourt chapel has been classified as a historical monument since 1984.Note Monument visible only from the outside .